Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.
Monday, December 31, 2012
Gibraltar's Extreme Drum Hardware Makeover Video (episode 2) Tube. Duration : 7.90 Mins.


Extreme Drum Hardware Makeover is a new video series to show drummers how they can customize their drum sets using Gibraltar's endless hardware options for drum customization. The inspiration for the video came from my own experiences. I am constantly building and rebuilding my hardware and rack set ups to explore new solutions for drummers to fit any playing style or any drum kit. I have to admit since I dont perform as much these days, I am now that guy in the basement at night geeking out to discover something new I can do with drum hardware. So, I decided why not share some of the fun and see what we could do to solve someone elses problems. So we conceived the Extreme Hardware Makeover video where drummers can see our process of analyzing a hard working kit and how we can improve the functionality and beauty of the drum kit set up. Brent Barnett, our innovative designer at Gibraltar selected the perfect drummer for our show. Jagger Gonzales is a touring drummer with the progressive rock/metal band Opus Dai www.opusdai.com Constant wear and tear on his DW drum set created a fun challenge for us to see what we could do to help him. The band is constantly touring and we all know how rough this gets on our gear. Creative uses of duck tape and kitchen utensils were keeping broken parts of his drum rack alive but it definitely was on life support. Along with myself we had Gibraltar Hardware expert Jim Stanek to assist Brent in doing our make over at Chad Sexton's Drum City ...

0 comments: